Thursday, May 14, 2015

Dr. Clayton Christensen | Globalization of Higher Education - YouTube

In the video below, Dr. Christensen describes differences in the definition of performance (23:20) between his mother and himself in regards to stereos. When he was kid he defined good stereo performance by its portability, not its sound quality. His mother defined it more traditionally and used sound quality.

The talk discusses similar ideas in regards to education. How we define performance makes a large difference. I believe younger people (myself included) define education performance in terms of portability (access to learning on my smartphone/laptop), pacing (learning when I want, at the speed I want), and modality (how I want). 

What factors of performance are important for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment